Forums » Recognition » MOM - Gary's view

Messages for MOM - Gary's view

Comment Posted by Inza May 04, 2009 03:21 PM

Boys,

I think the "points" system is fundamentally flawed. It favours attacking players and is evidenced by the fact that only Danny is on the leaderboard after two games due to his MOM nomination by Gerard. We had many great defensive, and goalkeeping, performances on Sunday in Paul J, Paul M, Dave B, Kyle etc and I am sure the same goes for the Legends.

I would like to propose a new scoring system effective Sunday and ongoing. This would negate the first two weeks scores.

In a previous team we had a sheet that everyone can fill in after each game. In this more technologically advanced age we can submit by e-mail but either way it goes like this.

After each game, every player in that team submits a ranking score:

Best Player 3 points
Second best 2 points
Third Best 1 point

At the end of the year, the points are tallied and the winner is the player of the year.
Obviously you can't vote for yourself. I think this is a fairly democratic way and gives all players equal opportunity. I would leave it up to the computer minded to come up with a way of transferring the points to the Masters website.

What say you?

Gary

Comment Posted by Boss May 05, 2009 05:58 PM

I dont think anyone could argue differently.

Mechanism is more the thing so that its not time consuming.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com