Forums » Opponents » Start of season predictions

Messages for Start of season predictions

Comment Posted by Inza Aug 10, 2009 03:00 PM

Add another team – Belwest. See Tom’s comments about this side on the new Andy website. Half of us think they are great the others not so great. Managed to beat us last year after a disallowed controversial Gary Stewart goal. Player to look out for is Gerard! These guys also do a great egg and bacon roll after their home game. Will finish 5th.

ANU – this is there second team and none of the players from last season will line up for this mob. Will finish fifth. You’ll find that these guys like to visit an RSL for a drink after the game.

Brindabella’s – Two totally new teams is what I’m expecting after conversations with their manager. You all might recall that I was able to infiltrate their camp during a preseason game. Suffice to say the focus will be on a beer after the game and I can heartily recommend it. Will finish in the top 5.

Lanyon – The team to beat. These guys are playing in my favorite colors. If it was not for climate change then this is where I’d be playing my football. Will probably win it because they look so good.

Belnorth – This will be a home match for me and I’m looking forward to it. You can expect a bunch of grumpy old men - No BBQ’s, serious about their soccer, and likely to do well. I think they will finish 4th. Bloody awful uniform designed by Jac Nasser.

Canberra Olympic – These guys are likely to run out with half the Greek National side. Fairly safe to say they will be unpredictable. Either first or tenth is my ladder prediction. You can guarantee we will have a bye in the 2nd round if they are running first or tenth at the halfway mark - The Greeks are not fond of the cold. These guys often have a bottle of the hard stuff on the side lines – be nice and you’ll get a nip.

Tuggeranong old boys – Former hard nuts of 1st division. I think these guys will finish fifth. Another bloody awful uniform designed by Jac Nasser. I’ve seen better shirts at the local bowls club.

Woden Legends – you won’t see this lot described as pusillanimous. The legends have a defensive line that resembles a brick wall with chainsaw extensions. You will need full length shin pads for this game. Will finish in the top 5.
Woden Blues – not the most creative group of old farts given their name but do like a coffee after the game at the Southlands Shopping Centre. This mob could do well if they could ever get anybody to training.
Nothing further to add

Inzaman

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com